Wednesday June 20, 2012
MISLEADING, DECEPTIVE propaganda
UNveiling the UNtold
DARKNESS behind the scenes
LACK of integrity and honesty behind the ADVERTISEMENT CLAIMS
How to spread this controversial message and deal with the confusion that it causes on the consumer?
-By SCIENTIFIC evidence. Dr. Colin T. Campell explains in detail the results of his research on the protein in MILK, CASEIN in his book, The China Study and other bibliographical sources.
Big Idea #1: The Messages We've Received
- The more ice cream, the better! (seriously.)
- There is no relationship between diet and health.
- Eat what you’re told.
- Mom knows best, and she is right.
- The kid's job is to obey and not to question what he is served.
- Gratitude! They grew most of the food they ate, so food was a product of labor. There was a tremendous amount of gratitude for the rain, the sun, soil, and for each new harvest.
- They ate simply, but richly, because all the food was something to savor.
- They took time with their meals, and so there was a respect for food as precious and beautiful.
- What we eat has a tremendous impact on our long-term health and how much energy we have day-to-day.
- He learned to listen to and trust himself, when it came to certain foods that would be good for him.
- Meals were the primary space where people would come together and share time together; it's a sacred act to share food.
Big Idea #2: Raising Kids in a Toxic Food CultureAll of us are so bombarded by advertisements for unhealthy products that are full of chemicals, trans fats, sugars, and sodium.
Big Idea #3: Finding Food FreedomHow can we become more free with our food choices and with our relationship with food?
We want to be free to bring our food choices into congruence with our values and with our sense of purpose—when there is that sense of integrity, that's when you can feel most free, liberated, and powerful!
We want our food to bring us health, vitality, and fulfillment; to be a contribution to the world around us—to eat simply so that others may simply eat; for our food choices to be resonant with the world we want for animals; and for our participation with food to be a source of joy!
What do you struggle with, and what are you working toward in your life, as your contribution and legacy?
- Do you feel fulfilled and joyous with food?
- Do you have people in your life that are close to you and support your ideal way of eating?
Other Important Stuff:John Robbins, has released a provocative and short new video with the title: “Should Junk Food Marketing to Kids be Banned?”
If you want to get involved, Campaign for a Commercial-Free Childhood and Food Revolution Summit speaker Michele Simon’s Appetite for Profit are excellent resources.